Hi everybody,

I would like to put LM7.2 onto my computer in our company. This will be a
dual-boot system (NT 4.0 and Linux), and I also would like to use the local
network with Linux (No server stuff, just a networked workstation). (This is a
Windows NT 4.0 network, firewall, etc.This will be probably the first linux
box on this network anyway.I do not have experience with linux networking,
other then dial-up at home.

My problem is, that really do not want to be a "security risk " on this
network, but I would like to use the Internet, my network account, and the
networked printers. I will probably manage to set it all up, but I would like
to know how to configure my box further, to pose a minimal risk for the
security of this network.

Eg.: I know that FTP server and telnet is running by default on linux. Is this
a risk?

If anyone could help me with some advice or a pointer for further info on
this?

Thanks in advance:  Viktor

----Viktor Lakics----

Through the Internet: