phil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just came back to using Mandrake. I used several other distributions that
> had /usr/local/bin as a part of the path environment. I have some programs I
> would like to keep there.
>
> My question is What file is it that I can edit this in or what command is it
> that I can use to add this to it? Seems to me on my jorneys through linux
> manuals that I saw just a simple command that can acomplish this, but I be
> darned if I can find it again. Thanks in advanced.
>
> Phil

Edit /etc/profile and, if running as root, /root/.bashrc (the former
regardless of distro, the latter as well if using Mandrake.)
In profile, apart from editing the path you'll also need to edit the
'Mandrake security lines at various points. Once I have an /etc/profile
that suits me, I save it to floppy, and copy it each time an install is
necessary.

Ronnie Whipp.