You can do this by issuing this command:

        export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/prog-dir

--
Mark

/ * Sometimes it becomes necessary to rock the boat
  * in order to get the rats up from below decks
  * so they can be kicked over the side and drowned!
  *
  *     REGISTERED LINUX USER # 182496
  */

On 3 Dec 2000 phil had this to say!