On Monday 04 December 2000 06:35 pm, you wrote:

[...]
> I would like to setup a script that simply sends mail to my
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] mail account.  Simply running "mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> wont work since it subsequently wants a "Subject:", ctrl-D to end the
> message, and a "Cc:".  I assume I need a script to handle this.  I would
> like to simply send "ip address check" to the subject, nothing in the
> message body, and nothing in the cc field.  Can anyone help me out here?

I have made a little progress on my own here.  I have read enough to know how
to send mail to an address without a script except I still don't know how to
get a message to actually send since the mail program requires a "ctrl-d"
to end the body.  I want to send an empty body since all I am interested in
is the mail headers.

I am almost there with this command:

mail -s "ip update message" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This will produce a message with a subject of "ip update message" and add my
email to the "To:" field.  It does leave an empty message body and doesn't
send a "ctrl-d" command to mail which is required to sending.  How do I do
that?

praedor