I'm having a similar problem.  Mandrake 7.2 Install hangs after it identifies the
addresses and IRQs of IDE0 and
IDE1.  IDE0 has two harddrives.  IDE1 has a CD-ROM drive.  The addresses and IRQs
given for IDE0 and IDE1
are correct -- I checked in Windows.  This same setup worked fine in RH 6.0.

Many people seem to be having this problem, but the solutions offered so far have not
worked.

Thanks,
Adam

Original message from: Maximo Monsalvo