Hello.
  Interesting things are above my head.
 I'v donwloaded linux kernel 2.04 source and compiled
it. While rebooting kodzo asked me that there was
found new PS/2 mouse and old one will be removed.
Incidentally I've pressed ok. GPM denied to start.
Reason file /dem/mouse not found. Ooooops.
   X starts without any problems but pointer freezed
and did not respond. I've created symlink to
/dev/ttyS0 by command:
  $ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/mouse
  Huhu. Gpm worked. And mouse reacted in X. But how?
He making only first move (very but very little move)
directly to right top.
   I've changed image to boot. kernel 2.2 series
states that I've not any PS/2 mouse. 2.4 series (oooo
I've forget: I've also installed cooker version after:
kernel-2.4.1-2mdklinus.rpm) are stateing that I have
PS/2. Problem in that I've not any PS/2 mouse. It is
an serial 3 button mouse. Mousedrake shows both serial
and PS/2 options at each start.
   how about this problem? Must I buy PS/2 mouse only
because I've installed new kernel and do not know how
to return? Or I have to work on consol only and
without mouse on X (oh my Allah).
  And it is very diffucult to install system again:
I'm with ATA 66 mainboard. So LM 7.2 dosn't recognizes
LM7.2 install CD. I've installed all (everything but
basesystem) by hand on consol.
   Sincerely

=====
Vasif Ismailoglu MD            Resident in Urology

 School of Medicine of Cerrahpasa    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     University of Istanbul             www.vasif.cjb.net
      Department of Urology