On Wednesday 06 December 2000 01:45, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> I see Mandrake 7.2 is mentioned, is KDE 2.0.1 available via Mandrake
> Update?

You want to hear something funny, it isn't... :/

Mandrake made the kde 2.0.1 rpms and got them sent back to KDE (for mirroring
on the kde mirrors), but suddenly they decided that instead of giving people
the possibility of updating their system with a more stable and bugfree kde,
they decided that the kde 2.1.0 cvs snapshot rpm that they have is better.
This is a snapshot that has many bugs (because of new features) that 2.0.1
doesn't have and it requires glibc 2.2 and other potentially risky stuff.
Mandrake then asked for all 2.0.1 rpm's for mandrake to be deleted from the
mirrors.  The rpm's (as far as I've seen) were on the ftp's just for a few
hours (1 day before the announcement).  If anybody here is interested on
getting these, please mail me and I will provide them (I snagged them the
couple of hours they were on the mirrors).

Because of this and because of the fact that we didn't get answered a lot of
people are getting second thoughts about using Linux Mandrake as their OS.
Is there anything else Mandrake might feel that they should rob us of?  Maybe
they could just drop using 2.2.17 in 7.2 and replace it with 2.4.0-test3,
after all it's newer and has more features and a lot of drivers that people
use doesn't work under it..............

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] /