On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, tabanna wrote:

> > Hi, Mandrakesters  :)
>
>  ~ Am having a problem, booting from /dev/fd0
>
> After my BIOS message reports: 'Verifying DMI Pool Data . . . . '
> "Boot failed" appears, and the system hangs  :(

> My floppy drive is able to Boot DOS Disks OK
> , but I get "Boot failed" , from ALL my Linux Boot Disks
>
> with, ONE exception : 'Tom's Killer Boot Disk' DOES Boot OK
> ... . . Good 'ole Tom !
>
> Any ideas, please, what may be the mysterious cause
> ... . . did 3 of my Linux Boot Disks, ALL, get hit my a Cosmic Ray $#@%
> { LILO works OK }
>
> thanks
>
> best wishes
>
> Richard
> --
> ____________
> sent on Linux
> ____________
>
> 100% Virus Free!
> AMD Inside

Hi..
        Did you use the mkbootdisk command or use the create bootdisk from the
install screen??
        I found on an earlier the installscreen bootdisk did not work but the
mkbootdisk was ok....
You can always copy /etc/lilo to /root and create a bootdisk from that  or
if you have reconfigured the kernel by doing a make bzdisk
--
Regards
   Ted Wager