Hello:

I would like to re-compile my kernel, but the last time I did this I
discovered that "make menuconfig" was not aware of the current options
applied to my kernel. It was really time consuming trying to get all the
options back to what came with the default kernel, not to mention all the
questions I was left wondering about how well I did. I got it working but I
would much rather keep what is running if at all possible.

Is there some way to load the current configuration in so as to only make a
minor change to it? For instance I only need to add support for the OSS sound
driver on my laptop, and I would really like to keep everything else just as
it is...

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,

Steven