On Monday 18 December 2000 05:12 am, Sheldon Lee Wen wrote:
> > Well, i installed these 7.2 KDE2.1beta1 rpms and still have no
> > problems after using it one day :) So, they seem fine to me. I
> > uninstalled all old rpms and then installed the new one and i'm
> > happy now :)
>
> Umm. A couple initial problems I discovered. For 1 I can't find the
> theme manager.

     The KDE developers haven't finished it yet.  There are some themes
in Look'N Feel | Style, you can also change Colors, and Decorations.
The result is you can easily make your own theme, sort'a.

Second there are intermitten probs logging in and out.

  I was tryin to use an old KDE1 app, Khealthcare.  When I uninstalled
it, any log in/out problems with my user desktop went away.

> I did find that if I moved out the .kde directory that these problems
> went away. Also, the bookmark manager and tool bar doesn't work for
> konquorer. I tried importing my netscape bookmarks and the bookmarks
> toolbar won't even show up.

     Did you run (as root) 'update-menus -v' immediately after
installing the 20001213 rpms?  Also, I've found it prudent to keep a
backup copy of /home/<user>/.kde/share/applnk/  with every KDE2 since
1.94   Delete all the items in that dir and copy the backups back in as
root and you'll never loose 'em again.  YMMV
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay