Tal Amir wrote:

> well, as i anderstand, e-smith is a stand alone application that runs on
> its own, and not on a platform.(correct me if i'm wrong..)
>
> i need something to run on top of my linux gateway, not as a atand alone
> machine.

You are correct that E-Smith runs as a stand alone machine.  It is/can be a web server,
email server, gateway, and firewall.  I use it strictly as a web and email server
running behind a freeSCO router/firewall/gateway.  BTW both machines are old 486's I
had
lying around, the freeSCO only has a floppy and 16M of ram (no HDD) and the E-Smith has
64M ram and a 8G HDD.  And yes for all you Mandrake lovers I have 3 other machines
running 7.1 8-)

--
Joseph S Gardner

Senior Designer / Technical Support