(copy also sent direct to Tal)

Tal Amir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ok, and back to the original question :
>
> i am looking for a web-based firewall ap to run on top of my mandrake 7.2
> with all due respect to stand alone servers like e-smith, i dont intend to
> dedicate a machine for this issue.
>
> any1 ? i need it kinda urgent...

Hmm.  why was it that you wanted web-based firewall admin?

I'm using ipchains set up once (non-gui ;-) on my home machine
firewall,and have not felt the need for a web-based firewall...

Anyway, I went to freshmeat and looked around a bit.  Try this url:

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=firewall++tool*+web-based&match_any=1&category%5B%5D=X11+-+Firewall+and+Security

and see if there is anything there that would help.

Also, I'd be happy to send you my firewall ruleset which you could peruse and modify as
needed for your situation.

Like Scott Patten said, once you get your firewall set up there's not much
you should need to do (and if so, change your search to be
Console+-+Firewall+and+Security instead
of X11+..blah... and you'll see just such a tool, but again its not graphical)

And, to be honest, you've probably spent more time looking for a web-based admin tool
than
just doing it non-gui ;-O.   ;-)

For traffic monitoring, I'm considering using IPaudit - which makes nifty keeno web
pages
for perusal...

rc

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825