windows has an option for their dial up, in modem settings (advanced??)
to bring up a terminal window either before or after dialing.

  allow it to bring up a terminal window after dialing.  The normal ppp
negotation does not yet start, and your pppd server should then put out
its login: and password: prompts, which you can fill in by hand.

  if this does not work, then you have to work on your linux pppd until it
does.  once that works, windoze should get in just fine.

bug