This is a result of an Nmap scan on my box. I am wondering if the open ports
can be closed or filtered.  I have installed PMfirewall and I am looking into
conveting an old P133 box into a standalone firewall. I would like to close
these ports to scans and also if possible alter the operating system report
given to Nmap scans. All help and suggestions appreciated.

Initiating SYN half-open stealth scan against :
Adding TCP port 515 (state open).
Adding TCP port 1357 (state open).
Adding TCP port 6000 (state open).
Adding TCP port 1024 (state open).
The SYN scan took 1 second to scan 1523 ports.
For OSScan assuming that port 515 is open and port 1 is closed and neither
are firewalled
Interesting ports on:
(The 1519 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
515/tcp    open        printer
1024/tcp   open        kdm
1357/tcp   open        pegboard
6000/tcp   open        X11

TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=random positive increments
                         Difficulty=2008811 (Good luck!)

Sequence numbers: 601D38D9 601D38D9 60434AF3 60434AF3 5FA50395 5FA50395
Remote operating system guess: Linux 2.2.12

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1 second
--
Thanks in advance,
John Wheat