On Saturday 06 January 2001 11:53 pm, you wrote:
> There's more...
>
> Sound doesn't work, supermount doesn't work.  Creating desktop devices for
> CDROM and my parallel zip drive works once, sort of.  By this I mean, I can
> create a CDROM device on my desktop (or zip).  If I select it, instead of
> the cdrom opening in konqueror, my home directory appears.  I can then
> navigate over to the cdrom and view the contents.  If I then exit konqueror
> and select the icon again, I get an error message that the device is busy -
> that mtab indicates that it is already mounted.  Same thing happens with
> the zip drive.
>
> Damnit to hell!  Back to 2.2.17.
>
> On Saturday 06 January 2001 21:12, you wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 21:06:35 -0700, you wrote:
> > >OK, fixed the one problem with kernel panic:  I compiled IDE/ATA support
> > > into the kernel instead of the default as a module.  Now the kernel
> > > installs and works but no sound.  I get an error during bootup about
> > > not being able to load aumix - and sound in kde is toasted with 2.4.0.
> >
> > Same problem with me - system couldn't find ES1370 module
> > (Ensoniq/Soundblaster) even though I compiled it into the kernel.
> >
> > Steve
> > Stephen B. Browne
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Do you gentlemen have sound support, (your hardware specifically) compiled
directly into the kernel, or are you using the modules for your hardware.
(sound cards)

I've found it easier in the past to just support the specific hardware
directly and turn most of the other card support if not all. I haven't
figured out yet how they're doing it, (the developers) to get the modules to
work from the factory as they do, but getting modules to work is a pain.
--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
"Sharing is what makes them powerful."

                                Linus Torvalds