It sounds as though you don't have the ppp support compiled into your
kernel. Go back to the configuration and check to make sure it's turned
on.

--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
"Sharing is what makes them powerful."

                                Linus Torvalds

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 Brian Hartman spake passionately saying: