> No answers? I sure was hoping for more than the brief
> description of Mandrake's Server vs. Workstation vs.
> Developer class installation. And what exactly is
> paranoid security, or high, or welcome crackers for
> that matter? Oh well, just guessing I guess I'll do a
> Developement install with welcome crackers security
> level then harden the box myself the old fashioned way
> or with Bastille.

Hmmm, well, high security has a little program running around changing things
you might make world-writable to some other setting--read the logs for
details.  The same changes to the system that generate warnings at medium
security cause actions at high.

You cannot run update easily also with High, and login as root isn't
permitted; you have to login as a user and su to root

With paranoid security, nothing is started by default.  You have to initiate
the services you want, and the security program will bother you a lot unless
you put most services in chroot jails.

Low Security has Passwords, and might be similar to most distros out of the
box.  This would be a good beginning for hardening the box yourself.

Poor Security has none, but does identify users

Welcome to Crackers might be difficult to harden.  The one time I installed
that, I did not notice the concept of users as part of the repertoire.

Civileme