The list went down, although there seem to be conflicting reports just as
to when (see the thread "Security Lists"). I received the "slocate"
advisory on Dec 18, and then nothing untill today (the glibc advisory).
Yet there were very many Mandrake advisories during that period that I
would see posted on linuxtoday. Vincent seems to have fixed the problem
(god bless him).

Personally, I suspect their list software, "sympa", sucks rocks. There are
newbies out there administering fairly high volume lists without a hitch,
yet I'm sure our gracious Mandrake friends have a far higher level of
expertise. All the Mandrake lists seem buggy as hell; there are often long
delays is posts being listed (up to 1+ days), so you'll find a buch of
people responding to some post, and we end up with a cascade of redundant
answers. I've had at least three posts that just fell through some crack.
It's got to be the sympa software.