On 30 Jan, Daniel Woods wrote:
>> > You haven't upgraded the logrotate rpm available in the 7.1 updates
>> > yet, have you?  Upgrade that and your logrotate problems will go away,
>>
>> Ok, thanks.
>
> And be sure to run MandrakeUpdate to get ALL the latest updates.
> Or do it manually and ftp all the rpms that have been
> updated since you installed LM7.1 for programs that you use.

THat's what I'm doing. One thing that scares me a bit, though, is that a
warning came up in Mandrake Update saying "Don't update this package using
Mandrake Update" but I wasn't given an option of sckipping that particular
package (a kernel, I think).

Hopefully I won't crash too hard.

> Chances are that if you have not been doing that, you may have already
> had your server cracked by script kiddies... especially with the RameN Crew
> worm out this month.

I doubt it. I'm on a laptop behind a firewall and I don't have telnet or ftp
or rlogin or sshd or httpd or most of those daemons running.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
Netergy Networks - Java Center            and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Penguin Power!