-----Original Message-----
From: Kelley Terry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 8:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] kcontrol STILL doesn't function

On Monday 29 January 2001 11:54 am, you wrote:
> I just installed the latest KDE2.1 beta for 7.2.  All now seems OK (after
> again deleted my .kde/ directory and re-setup everything AGAIN) except
> kcontrol.  Kcontrol, as with the previous 2.1 iterations, will not work
for
> user.  As superuser, if I start kcontrol from a terminal, it works.  As a
> user, it produces a useless, empty menu selection field.  REPEATED
> deletions of .kde and even .kderc followed by re-logins fails to fix it.
> It doesn't work.
>
> How does one get the #&@%!!! kcontrol to work?  It also keeps putting
> itself into a nameless folder in the kmenu rather than properly sitting
> there by itself.
>
> Anyone?

Consider yourself lucky.  My kcontrol got messed up when I was doing
maintenance as root.  Now the kcontrol has an empty menu window for not only

root but every user.  I've tried moving .kde and then logging in again.  It
still wouldn't work but at least I could restore the old .kde directory
again
afterwards.

Kelley Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>