On Friday 02 February 2001 12:47 am, Joseph Red wrote:
> Just fyi, sometimes win9x *wiil* mess up.  Especially if you go from
> a new, big, spiffy monitor to an old 14".  You end up booting in safe
> mode.

   Windoze runs any monitor on the low end.  don't believe that?. pull
up the various 'monitor.inf's in a text editor.  Most all monitors are
spec'd in 'monitor.inf'.  'monitor2.inf thru 7 somethin', only deal
with strange, different, exotic, etc hardware.  Bottom line is windoze
runs an Ilyama the same way it runs a MagView.  High end/low end, they
all get the same treatment from Billy.

> As for X, I'd choose a low-end

  I agree,  just about anything, even the $150 17" I bought recently
will do " 1024x768 @ 70 hz "  Bottom line is that your video is a
product of your monitor/video card (or integrated chipset)/
motherboard/ etc.  dwelling on the monitors specs is mostly pointless.
--
Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston Bay