I am considering it however, it is merely on my list.  At the top of that
list is a new videocard.

I wouldn't mind using CPU cycles for this rather than a dedicated card, at
least for a while.  I do not make that many longdistance calls.  I do travel
some and it would be nice to always be nothing more than a local call away
from my wife or other family members.  Thus, if I wanted to really use the
card for my purposes, I would need a pcmcia version for my laptop AND the pci
card for my desktop.  Thus, I prefer a cheap and transportable solution
(software solution).

--
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.