"Altoine B." wrote:

> > > They do have Linux drivers and discounted Linux developer prices
> > > however. If my money is going to disappear in someone's pocket it seems
> > > like a much nicer sort of pocket to put it into.
>
> That is exactly what I am talking about. That is why I want to emulate
> the card at best. Since, I am a great hardware (guru) I should probably
> invest in buying the card just so that I can "map" out the hardware
> chips and use "scientific" measures to "reconstruct" how the card works
> logically.
>
> I don't mind buying the card. It is just as soon as I saw that it was
> internal PC and PCI only...
>
> the implications! ...I mean ..the limitations!

They have a phonejack lite card which is an ISA card. It doesn't give
you an external box but it does give you some flexibility to respond to
what people have in their systems. If all people want to do is talk on
the phone they don't need a linejack card just one of the family of
phonenet cards. The linejack cards are for setting up your own gateways.

--
Traci Collins
http://www.rof.net/wp/tcollins/traci.html