Mark Weaver wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Altoine B. wrote:

> > From: Altoine B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Mark Weaver wrote:

> > > To the best of my knowledge this isn't possible with Netscape Messenger.

> > You mean known to the best of your ability. Never ever say it can't be
> > done. Ask Ron Stalman and Linux Torvalds. They told them the same thing
> > and look at where we are now. There are other people but we get the
> > idea...

> I think you knew what I meant the first time. Unless one wants to take the
> time the "recode" Netscape and make some additions to the Messenger code
> module it is presently not do-able in Netscape Messenger.

I've reconstructed the thread in sequence, which the idiotic top posting
so many do screws all up.

If you look above, you can see that the original request was for people
to replace "you wrote" with "[name] wrote". Later in thread, someone
wrote that help was needed getting this to happen in Netscape, followed
by an opine that it wasn't possible in Netscape.

As you can see in the very first body line in this message is "Mark
Weaver wrote:", who wrote the message I am replying to. This was put
there by Netscape 2.02 for OS/2. I've yet to find any Netscape mail
version that fails to put the name from the "from" line of the message
replied to as the first words in a reply message. IOW, Netscape only
does what the original poster wanted done, providing no other options.
--
A good name is more desirable than great riches, to be esteemed is
better than silver or gold.                Proverbs 21:21 NKJV

 Team OS/2

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.members.atlantic.net