From:    Maarten Van Horenbeeck [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:    Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:33:03 +0100
To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] mandrake installation problem

Hi,

I have a friend who is trying to install Mandrake Linux 7.2 as we speak.  However, he
seems to have some problems concerning the initialization of his ide-controllers.

At the first reboot during installation, the system freezes and goes into hard lockup
after the initialization of ide0 and ide1.  After that he is forced to do a
hard-reboot to get the system going again.  This problem also occurs when he adds the
linux ide0=noautotune line.

Is there anyone who has some experience with this problem? If so, I would really
appreciate some feedback.

With kind regards, thanks in advance,

Maarten

--