From: "Peter Spotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 5:32 AM
Subject: [expert] URGENT - Problems with a laptop projector linked to Linux
laptop

Folks,

I'm scheduled to give a Star Office power-point like presentation and
tested my Linux laptop with a projector designed for such presentations.
During the boot-up process, my screen -- complete with cute Linux penguin
-- appeared on the silver screen, prompting me to shout Yipee! But when I
moved into KDE desktop, the image on the silver screen disappeared and up
popped a lost-signal error message from the projector. That suggested to
me that the computer sees the projector just fine, but X-windows does
not. I tried running some of the slides for the presentation, thinking
the presentation software would do the trick, but still nothing appeared.

Anyone out there know if XF86Config [or some other file] wants to see a
separate setting for such outboard devices? Does this imply the need for
a special driver? If so, what should I tweak or where can I find the
driver? I'm doing this gig 2/14 and 2/15, so any ideas would be
appreciated -- quickly!

Best regards,

Pete Spotts