When I type nslookup Tesla I get the following response:
*** Can't find server name for address "my DHCP assigned IP#":Server failed
*** Default servers are not available

Resolv.conf has only the following written in it:
nameserver "My DHCP assigned IP#"

Also some people have suggested to just run smbclient or smbmount. Neither
worked. SMBD and NMBD are still not running even though I changed my
/etc/hosts file to read 127.0.0.1  Tesla.localdomain  localhost

What is wrong here? Why can'y I get SAMBA to work correctly for me. I don't
remember having this much trouble the last time I ran Linux.(Mandrake 6.1
about a year ago)

Thanks in advance.

SA