On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:

> I'm changing a Linux partition from SuSE6.4 to Mandrake7.2 and am having
> trouble getting the Mandrake to realize that there is an ethernet card.  I
> ran pmpdump and got the following:

It's been a while since I've  messed with PNP, but, I think this is what
you want:

<snip>

IO 0 (SIZE 32) (BASE 0x0240) (CHECK))
#     IRQ 3, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12 or 15.
#         High true, edge sensitive interrupt
(INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))
(NAME "AXE2201/3409998597[0]{Ethernet PnP ISA Card /S   }")
(ACT Y)
))

IIRC, this is what you need.  The main things are to get the I/O address
and the IRQ set correctly.

You may be able to set your BIOS to Non-PNP operating system, so that the
BIOS assigns the I/O and IRQ, and you won't have to rely on the pnp tools
to get it to work.

HTH