On Mon Feb 26 2001 15:40, You wrote:

> But...  did you boot without a floppy on a system that won't boot from
> CD...?
>
> This is the dilema of older Toshiba laptops...
>
> Pierre

Ok, older Toshiba are like other laptops, and as I said in an earlier
message, I have among other laptops one Compaq Armada 1640T which does not
have a cdrom but only a floppy. So I followed this approach:

1.- Build a boot diskette with pcmcia image from another Linux computer, but
can be done from DoS or WindowsXX.

In my network just one computer have a cdrom, so I mounted a first Mandrake
cd on it.

2.- Attached a pcmcia card with a net conection in the laptop

3.- Powered up the laptop and when asked from where it would be installed,
the answer is ftp, then the program ask for the ip, ftp account ecc.

4.- The rest of the installation is the same as from Cdrom

All this worked very fine with all the pcs without cdrom on my net and I
remember now to do even a succesfull NFS installation too.

Hope this help with the installation and scuse my poor english.
--
Best Regards,

Pedro Del Medico P.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]