On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:24:04 -0500
Lou Baccari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Lou,

Is this a problem with your Timezone settings? I can't remember where,
but somewhere in DrakConf there is an option to set your Timezone.

I suspect that you have told Linux that your hardware clock is set to
GMT/UST. Which sort of evaluates to the 5 hour differential plus/minus
DST variations this time of year.

Cheers

John

>  Sorry Pedro I should have mention that the hwclock has always held
>  the correct EST time.
>
>  I changed the time this morning at 8:16 AM EST, and when I just check
>  the time the date was 5 hours behind and hwclock command showed the
>  correct EST time.  The xntp daemon was no longer active.
>  This problem is a pain, any other ideas???

---
                         Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)