I've got a small home network with the IP addresses assigned by DNS
running on the Cisco 675 ADSL router I use for net access.  It's getting
to be a bit of a hassle to keep updating the /etc/hosts file on all 4
systems, as it seems to occasionally switch the C-level of the IP
addressess it dishes out (ie: *.*.100.* to *.*.120.*).  This change also
messes with my ability to telnet to the other machines because my
host.allow file contains the actual IP addresses within the range the
router dishes out.

I'm looking to set up NIS on my server to make my life easier in this
regard, but I'm still new to linux system administration, and the help I
can find seems a bit vague.  Can anybody point me to a good step-by-step
walk-through of the process?

        - Theo