I'm having some difficulties with pgaccess in mandrake 8.0.  It loads up
fine, but I can't actually do anything with it.  If I try to create a
database, I get the following error message:
"Tcl error executing pg_exec create database <dbName>

is not a valid postgresql connection"

If I try to open a database I created in psql, I get the following error
message:
"Error trying to connect to database '<dbName>' on host localhost

PostgreSQL error message:Connection to database failed
PQconnectPoll() -- connect() failed: Connection Refused
Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'localhost' and accepting
connections on TCP/IP port '5432'?"

What do I need to do to be able to use pgaccess?  Looking through the
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres' script, I don't see the -i or the port set
anywhere.  Am I looking in the right place?

        - Theo