One bizarre option you might try - if you just want to recover data and it
is vital - try finding an Amiga, plug your hd in to it and run... oh drat my
mind is a blank, there is a file system on aminet that allows you to mount
unix/linux partitions and read from them.  Last time I used this 8 months
ago there was another version that reads AND writes.

Does anyone know what the file system is that I'm thinking of?  I'll check
my old notes and see if I still have the name somewhere.

Just a suggestion...

Daryl Johnson
Proplan Associates