Actually, there is a difference. ssh is a binary-only commercial software
that used to be open source but is no longer. openssh is an open source --
and free, as in both "speech" and "beer" -- application which is compatible
with ssh. I believe the compatibility is hovering in the high 90% range, or
maybe they are 100% now, I don't know.

Dave

At 06:06 PM 03/14/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>then why diffrent names ?

Dave Sherman
SoftServ Business Systems, Inc.            "Quid quid latine dictum sit,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  altum viditur."
(763) 569-9839