Hi folks,

        I recently got an Inspiron 4000 from Dell, and ran into video
problems.  I chose standard 1024x768 laptop display for the monitor, and
1024x768 with 16-bit color resolution, and accepted the default graphic
card it selected.  The test looked perfectly fine.  On the reboot,
however, once it launched X, everything went fubar.  I rebooted and when
it got to X again, the screen went a different kind of fubar, and I
rebooted again.  After this reboot it went to grub command-line (it
somehow lost the boot choices I had set up).  I had no idea what to do
from here (who wants to read grub manuals), so I proceeded to clean out
the disk again and re-install Windows 2000.

        Anyone know what the correct choices are for the Inspiron 4000
for Linux-Mandrake 7.2?  Thanks in advance.

Jeff