I just put together a new pc with an AOpen CD RW drive in it, and
installed 7.2 from the cd. It's the only CD drive in the system.

Now I can't access the CD at all. The hardware configuration tool in
DrakConf shows two CD's, one scsi and one ide. After a little research
I did the following:

- changed the /dev/cdrom link to be pointing to /dev/scd0 using
    > ln -sf /dev/scd0 /dev/cdrom

- Verified that there is an 'alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi' in the
  /etc/modules.conf file.

- Verified the 'append = 'hdc=ide-scsi' in my lilo.conf file. Is this
  still used? I'm not sure how grub and lilo interact.

- added 'modprobe ide-scsi' to rc.local

and re-booted. But I still can't access the drive.

BTW, the drive works under windows.

Thanks,
Steve