I think MySQL (included with MDK 7.2, probably earlier releases also) would
fit your needs, running on the local workstation. It is open source, free,
and (from what I have been told) has pretty good performance.

Dave

At 06:40 PM 03/18/2001 -0300, you wrote:
>Do you know which database engine can I use in my linux app.
>I need to make small databases, I don't want to use any sql server, I need
>local databases, like mdb or dbf.
>Thank you.
>--
>Pupeno: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www.pupeno.com.ar

Dave Sherman
SoftServ Business Systems, Inc.            "Quid quid latine dictum sit,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  altum viditur."
(763) 569-9839