On Monday 19 March 2001 12:35, Benjamin Sher wrote:

> I thought you might find this very reassuring:

My hunch is that there's more to it than we're seeing here. Why is it so
difficult for Ximian to support THE most popular desktop distro? He seems to
be leaning a bit heavy on the weasel words ("waiting for Red Carpet to
mature", "after a reasonable interval for testing", etc.). This has been
their line for a long, long time.

Also the comment about Gnucash not working with 7.2 sounds odd to me as well.
There are both Cooker and 7.2 versions of this package and I've never heard
anyone else say it "won't work" on 7.2.

My personal conspiracy theory is that Ximian is having severe workflow
problems. Despite the massive infusion of corporate cash, they've missed
some critical dates for Evolution, GNOME 1.4, etc.

M.