I picked up the ximian CD from thinkgeek.com -- I'm
all for supporting open source projects with a few
bucks to save me time and bandwith.

Anyhow, the install went fine, but it actually removed
gnome-session from .xinitrc and defaulted back to KDE.
 Furthermore, it went from a nicely layed out menu
system with the icons and submenus all together, to a
more default-RedHat looking gnome menu, cluttered with
no icons, just the text name.

Is this how it's suposed to be?

Al

http://primates.ximian.com/~peter/gdm-2.0beta4-22mdk_helix_10.i586.rpm