I am running Mandrake 7.2 on a stand alone PC (no network) with cups
installed but have been unable to print or even install a printer.  Here is a
description of the problem:

When I enter kups at a kde konsole command line, it correctly opens up the
kups configuration program.  I then try to add a printer, and it takes me to
the "wizard" to do it.  I then select adding a local printer and it
immediately tells me there is an error: "No port detected on this computer!"
Funny Mandrake 7.1 printed just fine.  If I continue, it will not let me add
the printer, so I have to figure out how to tell it that I do have a parallel
port.

I have looked everywhere and have not found where I can tell Mandrake 7.2
and/or cups that I do have a lpt1 (sorry for the terminology) so it can find
it.  Where do I do that?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Malka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>