Hi

well, the new software manager has a lot of problems. where is the search in
description or file list? but I think the most important problem is the fact that some
of the packages only appear in "flat mode" view. some of the most important ones are:
fvwm - my favorite window manager
bind-utils - how come this is not installed by default (even in workstation mode)?
have you ever heard of a unix without nslookup?
knsplugin - konqueror doesn't accepts netscape plugins without it.
many others that I can't think of now.

I hope they'll fix that soon.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 11:00:42PM -0700, Digital Wokan wrote:
> Okay, I've got Mandrake 8.0 installed, and now there's this Samba update
> out.  Since MandrakeSoft seemed to think MandrakeUpdate was such a bad
> thing, I'm trying to figure out this Software Manager they include.  I
> got it set for security updates and picked a mirror, but I can't for the
> life of me figure out how to install the Samba update without resorting
> to ftp and the command line.
> This is not a new problem to me.  I tried figuring this out before beta2
> even hit the streets.  I had to resort to rpm -Fvh and rpm -Uvh more
> often than not.
> --
> Digital Wokan, Tribal Mage of the Electronics Age
> Guerilla Linux Warrior

Bye
--
Haim