> Once the BIOS has released the system to the OS, in this case Grub,
> you can not bypass or override the boot paramiters set by the BIOS.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that booting from the viewpoint
of the BIOS consists in reading the Master Boot Record.  In my case
the Master Boot Record contains grub that then picks (depending on my
choice) picks a partition to continuing loading the system (Linux,
Windoze, ...).  So what you are saying is that it is not possible to
ask grub to load the system from the CD ROM (hd2) instead of my usual
 hard disk (hd0).

> In the boot settings most BIOS offer an option to choose the sequence
> that will be used to boot your system.

I admit that it is a bit paranoid, but I prefer not to have automatic
boot from CD ROMs or floppies as a precaution against viruses.

Best

Peter
--
http://cs-people.bu.edu/turtle/contact.html
``Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it''---Salman Rushdie