Yes, it failed to find both the trackpoint and the mouse. And as I said,
RedHat found the mouse fine, and xconf foudn the mouse fine as well.

I tried both disabling the trackpoint, and only have a mouse plugged in, and
enabling the trackpoint, without a mouse (that is, not making it auto where
it figures out if you have something on your PS2 port).

By the way, for specially interested, it is a model 2628 of the IBM Thinkpad
A20m, on of the ones where the soundcard is Linux supported by IBM.

-Geir