I'm having a similar problem, but mine didn't go away it just got slow.
My machine has been up for about a week.  Yesterday, I opened an
editor and started typing and the key repeat rate was slow.  I have
no idea why.  Do you know of any settings that control key repeat
rate?  Somewhere in the alphabet soup of config files?

John