Hi Gang,

Here's a weird problem I'm trying to work through.

Mandrake 7.1 machine has two network cards:
  Card A on 1.2.3.4, with default gateway set to 1.2.3.1.
  Card B on 20.0.0.20.
Both networks connect to the outside world.

Problem: I can successfully ping the 1.2.3.4 address, but I cannot
ping the 20.0.0.20 address.  The ping packet gets to the machine ok,
(on card B) but the machine is sending the reply packet thru the
1.2.3.4 network!

I have another machine similarly configured, and it works fine.
Also note that from another machine also on the shared networks, I CAN
ping the 20.0.0.20 address, but I can see the reply is still coming back
through card A (1.2.3.4).  So at least I know my ping isn't disabled.

One of the variables is the machine that works has some ipchains happening.
The machine in question here has NO firewall code running.  Everything is
just set up fairly basic - no RIP, etc. So I need RIP?  Some IPCHAINS rules?
It just seems to bizzare that the reply packets would go through the other
network card.  HELP!!

Bob