Woody Green wrote:

> I'll make this potentially simpler:
>
> edit /etc/X11/fs/config

(...)

> and delete the line: "/usr/share/abisuite/AbiSuite/fonts,"
>
> You can simply reboot and be done with it, or do the following
(...)

Hello!
When I installed LM8, I saw the fonts in abiword were horrible, and I
uninstalled it.
So I don't have the line "/usr/share/abisuite/AbiSuite/fonts," in my
/etc/X11/fs/config.
The problem happens *without* abisuite installed.

I have another computer with LM 7.2 (the fonts looks fantastic!). In
this computer, the file fs/config has these two lines changed:
In LM8.0:
- /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mdk:unscaled,
- /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/pcf_drakfont,
In LM7.2:
- /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mdk,
- /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/pcf_drakfont:unscaled,

I changed It in LM8.0 and restart xfs and X, but the problem persist.
(Can be I forgot something)
Do you have LM8.0? See a web page in Konqueror, now zoom in serveral
times. The fonts looks bad at some zoom levels (It's only a way for see
the problem)
Some idea? Do you need more information? Help.
Thank you.
Salu2,
Oscar.