In cases like this, I've always found it best to go back to square one.
list all of the kde packages (to see what's installed):

rpm -qa | grep kde (presumming an rpm installation of KDE).

Then go through and erase KDE (this can be a chore because of
dependancies. Write down anything you remove, you'll probably need to
re-install it).

rpm -e <kde pkg>

Then grab your original CD, and re-install the KDE stuff. It's drastic,
but when you've hosed the libs, other options may be limited.

        Good luck!

                Ric