Jerry Sternesky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think it is as simple as Linux Loader if I recall, it's has been awhile
> since I thought about it.  So a guess would be SI is Solaris Loader and MI
> could be for minix.

Don't know what the 'I' in SILO is for, but:

LILO - LInux LOader
SILO - Sparc lInux LOader (I'm guessing)

I recall reading something about some trademark problems
with 'sparc' or something - perhaps a trip to the sparc linux pages
would help there...

Or that's what I've been understanding since about the 0.xx days (what, 10 years
ago! yikes, I'm an old man! ;-)

> On Saturday 02 June 2001 19:35, Vincent Danen wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone know what LILO stands for?  I thought it meant "Linux In
> > Linux Out", but if that's the case, what does SILO or MILO stand for?

(if any of the above words are trademarks, well then they are!)

rc

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W