"Cyridian2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm trying to setup IPTables for a basic route from eth1 to ppp0.
>
> I was wondering if someone could show me an exmaple of their working IPTables script
>so I could
> implement it on my own box, or point me in the right direction to a "Idiots Guide to
>IPTables"

Well, its not quite an idiots guide, but here is an intro:

        http://mirkk.kurd.nu/~monmotha/firewall/index.php

and here is the actual stuff:

        http://mirkk.kurd.nu/~monmotha/firewall/firewall/2.3/

It will get you started pretty well.

If you understand concepts of firewalling, that should be enough to get
going.

If not, you want to learn the concepts - some other Rusty has a
'Rusty's three rules' (or something like that - I posted about
his thing last month or this month) is good (do a search using
your favorite search engine - in fact, I've found lots of good
stuff out there about firewalling by looking for things like
firewall, firewall setup, firewall howto, and so forth.

> Thanks

Hope this actually helps!

> NB

(eek!  html also! :-)  (You might want to turn that off if you can)

> <HTML><HEAD>

rc

(courtesy bcc sent direct to Cyridian)

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W