Hey guys,

I'm seeing some strange behaviour from my Linux server at the moment...

I'm using it as a server for internet, files, and apache is bound to my
internal interfaces (ports closed to the outside world for that).

Anyways, it seems that squid is running away.  Just out of the blue I
looked over at my modem and the traffic lights were flashing like made.
When I ran top it mentioned kapm-idled and squid were running at the top
of the list.

I shut squid down, and the strange traffic just stopped... I strated it
back up and same as beforee. the traffic lights are going mad...

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

Current Linux kernel 2.4.3-20mdk uptime: 1 day 22 hours 42 minutes.